Men have been using pickup lines since the beginning of civilization.
Well, maybe not the start, but as soon as courting began, you can be sure that pick-up lines were right there. We’re serious. There are even articles dedicated to specific Victorian-era pickup lines.
That’s right: your ancestors probably used some sort of pickup line in order to attract women.
So why should now be any different? We still use pickup lines to attract the opposite sex, and while women are still getting the hang of it, men are the masters of this particular approach.
Let’s not waste any more time, okay? Dive right into this article, pick your favorite line, and start practicing the line on women.
Pickup lines: the first line of attack for any warm-blooded male when looking for a woman.
While technology has changed the way we all flirt, hook up, date, and get married, pickup lines are still relevant. They still work. And yes, you can learn how to use them effectively.
This article is going to go through five of the best pickup lines for different approaches. With ten categories, you’re going to have a lot to choose from.
But before we get started with the pickup lines, let’s go ahead and talk a little about pickup lines, how to approach a woman with your line, and things you should remember.
If you think you don’t need the information, congratulations: pick any one of the categories in the table of contents and start practicing your line delivery. For the rest of you, sit tight and read through everything before heading out into the field.
Do They Work?
First things first: yes, pickup lines work. How often they work, and to what extent, depends on you. After all, we can’t walk you into a bar and grade your performance.
Pickup lines work best when you’re confident in your approach, you compliment the woman, and you find a connection. It helps too if you can read a woman’s body language to see if she’s interested in receiving a pickup line too, but we’ll cover that in a second.
As long as you’re respectful of a woman when presenting yourself and you’re not too pushy, your pickup line should work fine. It’s also best if you also find a pickup line that works for different situations.
Luckily for you, that’s what this article is about, so let’s get started!
How to Approach a Woman With Your Pickup Line
If you think we’re going to tell you step-by-step how to approach a woman, you’re wrong. That’s not what this article is about. Plus, we know that there are different ways to approach a woman, so we’re not silly enough to try to go through them all.
No, what we are going to tell you is this: when approaching a woman with a pickup line, remember that the line is your introduction to a woman. If all goes well, it’ll be one of the first things she tells her girlfriends about you. If not, you become the laughing stock of her social circle.
So while your pickup line delivery matters, it’s just the precursor to a conversation. That’s right, women like to talk, some more than others, so remember that. You can’t get to third base without at least spending five minutes at first. You have been warned.
We will also tell you that if a woman doesn’t respond to your pickup line, move on to someone else. Yeah, we know some men say: “no, try again. Women like persistence!”
Well, the question is, is it worth it to you to continue to pick up the first woman you spoke to? Is she really going to be the one? If she doesn’t laugh at your jokes or is rude when you compliment her, what do you think she’s going to be like in a few hours?
We say, move on. You can always come back around to the first woman you tried picking up, but take some time and meet other women. You never know; it’s possible seeing you flirt with other women will make her want to give you a second chance.
Things to Remember
Before you come up with your game plan at the bar tonight, let’s talk about some important things to keep in mind. If you’re already good on your game, you may not need to read this section, but hey, we believe in giving you as much information as possible. Don’t ever say we didn’t warn you.
Online Pickup Lines Work Differently Than In-Person Pickup Lines
Technology has changed the way that we interact with one another. Now going to a bar isn’t the only, or the easiest, way to pick up a woman. Now you can flirt right from your smartphone or on social media.
So what does this mean for you?
It means that the pickup lines you use in a bar won’t work online. You have to get more creative. Your lines also have to be interesting and engaging enough to keep your potential lover interested in you.
Yes, a lot of the same rules apply for both types of pickup lines. Be respectful, be sincere, and be good natured. All of this is true. But with online pickup situations, you’re going to want to be more clever and rely on your potential lover’s bio and social media feeds before hitting her up.
It’s also important to remember that when flirting online, you have more access to information. It’s easier for you to craft a better pickup line when you can do a little recon before approaching her. Make sure you check out her bio to get an understanding of what she likes before contacting her.
Get a Feel for Her Mood Before Approaching
There are times, however, that you’ll find an attractive woman out in the real world. There’s nothing stopping you from going up to her and flirting with her, but we’d recommend that you take a second to get a feel for her mood before approaching her.
Why do this? Because you stand a better chance of getting her to engage you if you take a moment to gauge her mood. Is she having fun? Is she making eye contact with strangers and talking to people? Is she smiling at you?
If the above is all true, then your chances are good with this woman.
On the other hand, if she’s clearly just talking to her friends, shrugging off other men when they approach her, or she’s crossing her arms and not engaging with conversations, she’s not in the mood. This goes double if you see her kissing a woman or another man. Just don’t waste your time, even if she is hot or you’re really attracted to her.
We’d also like to take a moment to say that yes, if a woman is in public and she’s clearly busy, don’t approach her. She’s not in the right state of mind to receive your pickup line. Again, this goes double if she’s got her headphones in; you’re more likely to irritate her than charm her with your one-liner.
Basically, use common sense. You’ll know when a woman wants to have a conversation and when she doesn’t. Choose wisely.
Confidence is Key
Wow, a lot of articles beat this to death, don’t they? “Confidence is key, act like the line works before you even say it.”
Well, part of that is true. Confidence does matter. Women don’t want a man to come up to them and then stutter through a pickup line.
But it’s more than that. A pickup line gets you into a conversation, but you have to be able to keep a woman’s interest with the same level of confidence. Pickup lines were invented for you to pick up a woman, not just have a conversation with her at a bar.
So why does confidence matter? It matters because women don’t respond to insecure men. They know insecure men who neg hit are generally just projecting their own insecurities.
That’s not what you want to have happen to you. Trust that your personality and appearance will get you past the finish line, and say your pickup line with that faith. It’ll get you further than the other guy at the bar who’s used the same line five times and got rejected five times.
Pickup Lines for Every Approach
Instead of boring you with when to use these lines, we’re just going to place a disclaimer right here:
Use these lines with discretion, okay? That means pick a line that is natural in the setting you’re in.
If you’re at a comic book convention or film festival, use a weird or quirky line. If you’re at a nice restaurant, use a romantic or sincere line. If you’re at a music festival or concert, use a dirty or mean line.
You get the point, right? Use common sense. If that doesn’t help you, the way a woman responds to your line will make it clearer, giving you much-needed experience. Let’s get started.
1. Funny Pickup Lines
- ”Is your body from McDonald’s? Because I’m loving it.”
2. Weird Pickup Lines
- ”I’m not trying to impress you or anything, but…I’m [insert name of comic book superhero/movie character/villain here]!”
- ”Eight planets, one Universe, seven billion people, and I end up with you.”
- ”If I can’t buy you a drink/dinner, then let me at least fix your laptop for you.”
- ”Are you a 90-degree angle? Because you’re looking right.”
- ”Are you Google? Because you have everything I’m searching for.”
3. Dirty Pickup Lines
- ”You’re just like a snowflake: beautiful, unique, and with one touch, you’ll be wet.”
- ”Kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute. Want to work out?”
- ”I may not go down in history, but I’ll go down on you.”
- ”Do you like sleeping? Me too. We should do it together sometime.”
- ”Nice pants. Can I test the zipper?”
4. Romantic Pickup Lines
- ”If you were words on a page, you’d be what they call ‘fine print.’”
- ”I would say ‘bless you,’ but it looks like someone already did.
- ”If everything around me is all my imagination, then you’re the best thing I’ve ever come up with.”
- ”There must be something wrong with my eyes. I can’t take them off of you.”
- ”I just want to be upfront and say that I visually enjoy you.”
5. Hot Pickup Lines
- ”Unlike Subway, my footlong doesn’t cost five dollars.”
- ”All those curves and me with no brakes.”
- ”Do you have a sunburn or are you always this hot?”
- ”My magic watch says you don’t have any underwear on. Oh, you do? It must be 15 minutes fast.”
- ”We’re like cocoa and marshmallows; you’re hot and I want to be on top of you.”
6. Nice Guy Pickup Lines
- ”Like Cheerios, you’re good for my heart.”
- ”One a scale of one to ten, you’re a nine and I’m the one you need.”
- ”Can I have your picture so I can show Santa what I want for Christmas?”
- ”Do you have a band-aid? I just scraped my knee falling for you.”
- ”I’m not a photographer, but I can picture us together.”
7. Mean Pickup Lines
- ”Are you a fire detector? Because you’re really loud and annoying.”
- ”I’m willing to lower my standards if you’re going on a date with me.”
- ”Can I buy you a drink or do you prefer cash?”
- ”You know, the more I drink, the prettier you get.”
- ”I was just curious, are you as good as all the guys say you are?”
8. Adorable Pickup Lines
- ”Hey girl, feel my sweater. Know what it’s made of? Boyfriend material.”
- ”Excuse me, I think you dropped something. My jaw.”
- ”Can I take your picture to prove to all my friends that angels do exist?
- ”Are you religious? Because you’re the answer to all my prayers.”
- ”I thought happiness started with an H. Why does mine start with U?”
9. Body Part Pickup Lines
- ”Your body is 65 percent water and I’m thirsty.”
- ”Did you sit in a pile of sugar? Because you have a pretty sweet ass.”
- ”They say your tongue is the strongest muscle in your body. Want to fight?”
- ”I must be a pirate because I am digging your chest.”
- ”I’ve been wondering, do your lips taste as good as they look?”
10. Sincere Pickup Lines
- ”You must be a magician because every time I look at you, everyone else disappears.”
- ”I can’t see the stars tonight because you outshine them all.”
- ”Let me tie your shoes because I don’t want you falling for anybody else.”
- ”Was math your favorite subject in school? Because you’re pretty from every angle.”
- ”Do you have a map? Because I keep getting lost in your eyes.”
Will any one of these pickup lines work every time? No, they won’t. That’s why we tell you to pick and choose based on how you want to approach a woman.
What we do know is that as long as you deliver the line sincerely and with confidence, you’re likely to move from approaching a woman to sitting down and having a drink with her. And really, at the end of the day, that’s how all romances, no matter how short or long, really start. Good luck!